Monday, January 3, 2011

The funny thing about cleaning out files in our computer.

I am currently deleting old - and useless - files from our computer and I saw this journal I actually passed to my professor (Trini Suguitan) back in college. I don't know what grade I got for this paper - and I honestly don't care because I cannot believe I had a professor actually read this paper - but this made me realize OMG, ANG TANGA KO NUNG PANAHON NA YUN.

Dated July 5, 2007 and entitled "A Walk Down Memory Lane", this CONCEPT class journal I made is probably the biggest mistake I made in that class. Let's all laugh at this lame excuse of a term paper.


Journal #1: A Meaningful Life
For the longest time, I’ve been friends with Pearl (not her real name…para lang Maalaala Mo Kaya, ha?). She was my choir mate, my cousin-in-law (very long story… :D) and one of my best friends. I’ve lost touch with her when she left the choir for her principles (another long story, parehas lang kami ng kinahantungan: malaki ang bitterness sa choir na we thought we’d belong pero mga immature silang lahat…Yucks, bitter na bitter!) and when we went to live in Pasig for good (I’m a Parañaqueña…proud girl from the South! Represent!) about 7 years ago. I didn’t know what else happened to her after we separated except that she went to St. Scholastica’s College during high school. We both went to Taft (di naman siya talaga umalis) for college: me in DLSU-Main and her in DLS-College of St. Benilde. Communication between us by that time was hi’s and hello’s when we would bump into each other, with her talking to someone on her phone, in UM. This went on for two years into college. I got talk to her again when I spent summer in Parañaque just this year. That’s when all the confusion happened.
As an extrovert as she always is, she became distant when personal matters came to the table. She would always talk about other people but when it comes to herself, parang ayaw niya magsalita. It’s always about her cousin or her sister or her Mamita (term borrowed from the not-so-hit TV show, Maria Flordeluna). It’s never about her. This intrigued me. Then one instance brought and proved the suspicions in my already-bothered mind.
We went to a mall within Manila City ‘cause she asked me and my ex (who happens to be her kinakapatid) to accompany her ‘cause she said she needed to sell a phone badly. Being the good friends that we are, *ehem*, we accompanied her. Upon arriving to the shop, we saw the phone and this made me think: Kilala ko yung phone na yun, ha? I’ve been with her mom for quite some time during that summer and obviously, I’ve seen her phone. It was the exact same phone – with the wallpaper still there (sila ng sister niya). When I looked at Anthony, my ex (not his real name as well), he raised an eyebrow and we went farther away from the shop. We had the same things in mind. One question left to us was: WHY DO IT? I mean, I’ve never heard anything really bad about her mom. Steady mom nga e. Pero I don’t really know how she could do that to her own mother. I mean, if that was me, kahit anong laki pa ng galit ko sa nanay ko, di ko magagawa yun.
If this were another person, I don’t think I would react this way but Pearl is a very good friend of mine and her mom is like my mom in my stay there during summer. I really don’t see any reason for her to do this.

Journal #2: Connecting with Others
The BonoSoc – short for the Bonobo Society, which has a very, very long and awkwardly funny history – and Mah Hommies, my barkada from Sucat that had a very unstable but fulfilling start, are my two closest groups of friends that I would never ever trade for anything (siguro pag in-offer-an ako ng Suzuki Swift na white, di rin…Hahaha! Kidding!) The people within each group of friends would be really trustworthy…even to the point that when we would talk about someone else within the group, they won’t tell it to that other person unless we all agreed to.
The BonoSoc are my friends in the block during freshman year in Main and they became my sanctuary whenever I had problems related to school: work related to Comarts, studies in general, the people inside the campus, etc. To some of them, I would talk to with intimate, minute details of these school-related dilemmas. I find it easy to talk to them kasi pare-parehas kami ng tabas ng utak thus, Comarts. (Ganun ba yun? Di naman!) It was like we were meant to be in that block, all 11 of us. Sappy, I know. When it comes to my family problems, I could count with the fingers of my right hand (bawal left? :D) the people who I can comfortably talk to about my family problems. Maybe because they don’t really know my background since we just became friends 2 years ago. Di kasi ako ganun ka-transparent. Slight lang.
Mah Hommies have been my friends since I became conscious to the world. We were all part of the same parish and we met in the Youth Ministry. Us girls came from the same choir and the boys were all altar servers (banal ata kami. Hahaha!). They were one of the bigger reasons why I had a hard time leaving Parañaque 7 years ago (kailangan ipagdiinan? Di pa ata ako nakaka-move on, pitong taon na. Hahaha!) and the main reason why I always, always go back to Sucat during summer. With these people, I can be who I really am. Lahat ng baho, lahat ng kapangitan at lahat ng kagaguhan ‘cause I know, in the end, they will never leave me hanging…dahil ganun din sila. Hahaha! With the things that I could tell them: EVERYTHING. May it be as shallow as the name I heard in the registrar’s office two days ago or as deep as family problems, they would be able to handle and make me feel that whatever happens, they’ve got my back. All it would cost me? Liquor and cigarettes. Hahaha! Mabisyo!

JOURNAL #3: CREATIVITY
The hit TV series One Tree Hill has touched me one way or another. The story, the characters, the place. Everything about it seemed to have been made for me (Hai, Ale, wag ka nga assuming! Hahaha!). It’s about two brothers, basketball and everything else that’s happening around them. Family and teen marital problems, friendships, break-ups and pep rallies would be quite enough to summarize to series.
Brooke Davis is the “girl-next-red-door”, according to one of the characters. She is left, by her parents, in Tree Hill to finish her high school while they work in New York. An independent woman, Brooke can handle herself well. As head cheerleader and president of the Tree Hill High student council, she is well-known and well-respected in school but this façade has a more complicated interior. Brooke is insecure of almost every aspect of her life. She makes an outer shell through cheerleading, partying hard and flirting around to protect whatever she feels inside. She fell in love with basketball team co-captain Lucas Scott and this made her lose all the outer shell she has established.

No comments:

Post a Comment