Friday, May 6, 2011

Now that I think about it...

I am what you call a very showy girlfriend. You know, the type who hugs all the time, the one who always gives gifts even if there's no occassion, the one who greets you 'Happy Anniversary' every month, the one who wants to be all pacute to the boyfriend all the time.

Then I met Bry.

Bry is my exact opposite. No PDAs, no roses on Valentine's Day, no cutie patootie nonesense.

This frustrates me just because I've had boyfriends who responded positively to me when I showered them with corny text messages and hugs in front of dozens of people.

Talking to Kat yesterday made me realize how, beyond those cold stares he gives me when I go pacute on him, he cares so much. Yesterday also reminded me how different Bry is to everyone else I've dated. How I literally see myself walking down that aisle towards him. How I see myself being his wife. I didn't see this happen with myself before, even in the 7-year relationship I've had.

What also shocked me was even if he's MIA all the time, I'm not going around sneaking with some guy like I used to. I have found the ultimate love of my life and I am never letting him go.

It might be too early to tell for some. Some might even think it's just 'cause we have Brianna. But for me, it is because I can't see myself living with another man besides him.

Now, seeing myself being his wife and spending the rest of my life is one thing. Having a smooth-sailing ride with him is another.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Ale! I hope you get your happily family! It's nice to hear people fall-in-love.

    ReplyDelete