Tuesday, May 14, 2013

17 solid years.

After I published that emo post with Jennifer Anniston, a friend from Sucat called me and asked if they could come over for a couple rounds of drinks and midnight snacks, claiming that if I can't go out to celebrate with them, they bring the celebration to me and I said yes right away. How could you say no to a very thoughtful gesture? I didn't realize, though, how many and HOW DRUNK they were until they were all in C5, asking for directions like mad men.


I didn't mind cooking gyoza at 1 o'clock in the morning. I didn't mind having everyone there, talking and laughing at the top of their lungs, with the family fast asleep. I didn't mind taking 5 straight shots right off the bat. I didn't mind drunkenly cleaning up after everyone has left (it rained when they arrived and can you just imagine how muddy our place has been). I didn't mind anything at all. 17 years of friendship with these people did that to me. I know they'd do the same for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment