Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a conscience... (Hahahaha!)

I've finally decided to go to mass without the rest of the Tejadas (It has been, what? 4 years since the last time I went to church alone?). Upon entering the church, I had that overwhelming feeling of happiness and I thought "This is going to be good..."

I sat at one of those church seats (yeah, I dunno what they're called) up front and started thanking him and all that. Halfway through my personal prayer, I heard the commentator give the overview/summary of the Gospel for the day: THE PRODIGAL SON. I had to laugh. I dunno if it was a coincidence or I made it happen by thinking about it ("To think is to create") but either way, I got stunned.

I listened intently to the Gospel. I listened even more when the priest gave the sermon after the reading. I cried A BIT. His words struck every nerve. That's when I realized I came back home already.

Listening to the mass felt good. Having that decision to go to mass by myself felt good. Actually listening to a friend's advice felt good. Everything feels good right now. :)

Glad I came. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment