Sunday, March 14, 2010

On keeping promises

Was supposed to sleep at The Lion's Den last night but due to family emergencies, our little sleepover had to be canceled. Along with that, the Pacquiao-Clottey match we were supposed to watch together has been canceled as well. We planned this weekend prior to last week to avoid any conflicts with our schedules. But then, you can't avoid these types of emergencies (yes, this is an exception to the rule of the first and second quadrants of the time matrix).

I have every excuse in the book on why I had to cancel the sleepover. But that's not the point of all the guilt I'm feeling: It's me, assuming that nothing will EVER come up this weekend and telling him that the sleepover's a go and assuring him every hour on the hour 'til the moment my dad entered my room telling me that my grandma is in the hospital.

Dapat talaga di ako nagsasalita ng tapos. It's especially hard when you're talking to someone as straightforward as The Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment