Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Aren't husband and wife supposed to be transparent to each other?

I had to ask this question after this conversation with my mom.
Mama: Bakit pag tinatype ko yung username ko sa Yahoo!, automatic pumapasok yung password ko.
Ale: Baka may napipindot ka. Kasi minsan may lumalabas na window nagtatanong kung gusto mo i-save yung password.
Mama: Panu inaalis yun?
Ale: May inaayos sa settings ng browser.
Mama: Alisin mo nga.
Ale: Bakit pa? Wala namang magbubukas ng e-mail mo.
Mama: Malay mo. Yung Tatay mo minsan nakikielam.
Ale: Ano naman?
Okay, maybe I'm a wee bit clueless about how being in that kind of a relationship really is but I have this idea that husbands and wives don't keep anything to their spouses. I may be too ideal for my own good but I think that's how it's supposed to be. If not transparent, at least it wouldn't matter if, for example, the wife saw who the husband talked to and what they talked about.

I have this theory that doubt and infidelity starts with keeping secrets from each other that's why I don't want keeping my activities secret to my boyfriend. If possible, I'd tell him what I'm doing every single minute for him to be assured that I am not fooling around behind his back.

For me, you have to take that trust fall before saying "I do" in front of everyone else because marriage takes trust. Without it, the relationship will be affected and consequently, everything else will get affected.

That's how it is with my parents lately: it looks like they don't care about each other anymore, they fight a lot and they don't talk about ANYTHING but it's never too late. They need to have a serious one-on-one conversation giving each other ample time to explain their side. Nawalan na sila ng tiwala sa isa't isa. That's the saddest thing that could ever happen to a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment