Monday, January 10, 2011

I feel bad for some people...

I know I have been saying "To think is to create" a lot lately but then again, I think some people took this saying to its most extreme definition.

I have these 2 friends who, I think, is seeking for so much attention, they are starting to creep me out.
Friend #1 is a freelance artist who designs t-shirts for a living. He has this "girlfriend" who's a varsity volleyball player from one of the Big 4 universities in Manila. I was kinda dumbfounded when I saw that this athlete was the model/athlete kind but thought nothing of it 'cause she might actually give my friend here a shot even if he's the kind of guy who doesn't care how he smells like. I was taught that I should let go of my programs and my prejudices so I actually considered this.

Little did I know, this model/athlete is kinda famous because she has a famous sister as well. A common friend just voiced out her concern for Friend #1 'cause she saw the real Facebook account of the said model/athlete and she wasn't in a relationship with Friend #1. They weren't even connected.

Something happened to him in the past and that's the reason why people don't reprimand/ask him questions about all these, according to a reliable source. But I don't think that's reason enough for them to tolerate him living in his imaginary world where he goes to whenever he has problems. He's 26, for chrissakes. He should be able to face his problems like a grown up, not like a toddler.

Friend #2 has a whole different story. Friend #2 is a graphic artist who has a psychological problem. He gets easily distracted. Anyway, Friend #2 made this fantasy girl up in Facebook in order for him to get likes and comments. He made the name up and looked for a picture of a Filipina in a rather provocative pose in Google.

Friend #2 actually confided this to me and the mistake I made was tolerate this behavior of his. I should've told him that he didn't need to have likes and comments on his wall because he's so much better than that. That he shouldn't let other people dictate how he should be appreciated.
I shared these stories to enlighten other people that this cases are common and that they shouldn't be looked down on, criticized and be laughed at. These kinds of people need help. They need OUR help. They need our understanding and our patience to help them understand the things around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment