Tuesday, February 1, 2011

False alarm.

Last Saturday, the family and I were supposed to go to the Baby Company fair at Megatrade Hall but passed by the clinic for an emergency check-up because I had this white mens-like discharge that morning. Long story short, she had me admitted that same afternoon at the labor room for having 3cm dilation and contractions.

I stayed at the labor room, bored to death with literally nothing to do, for almost 12 hours. I entered at around 1:45 in the afternoon and was sent to my room at 12 midnight. Bry stayed with me through the night then I had to get back to the labor room again for observation at 4am, Sunday. This time, I stayed 'til 6 in the afternoon but I slept through most of the day since I got really, really bangag the day before.

At 6pm, Sunday, I was sent back to my room. My OB visited me and told Bry and my parents about the situation (Dilation's still at 2cm [where she got 3cm last Saturday, I don't know] and the contractions stopped) and that I will be under observation until the following morning. She said I will be having another biophysical exam for the baby and that's when she'll decide what to do.

At 6am the following morning, I had the NST exam before breakfast then went on to have the ultrasound. Brianna's in very good condition and my OB said I'll be discharged from the hospital. She gave me a few more reminders before I got back into the room. Nurses, Medocare coordinators and staff kept on knocking on the door probably for their procedures whenever someone will be discharged from the hospital.

Was released at around 11am and waited 'til 2pm for the bill. Here's where everything got crazy:
  • DELIVERY SUITE (a.k.a. The Labor Room) - Php 21,971.00 --The bulk of the final bill was this! I stayed here for around 26 hours, they
  • OB PF - Php 8,000.00 --Twas like she delivered my baby already.
  • Medocare initially added another day to our bill so we had to let them know they were being madaya and we had everything checked again.
Those are just some of the hassles we had to go through in the Billing department.

Anyway, the grand total of the bill is... Drumroll please...

Php 37,409.20 

Panu pa kaya pag nadeliver na talaga si Brianna? Oh well, it doesn't matter as long as she's healthy and delivered safely into the world.

But, yeah. I think it's too much. Especially if you see my room.

2 comments:

  1. Kung ako talaga ikaw nagalit na ako sa OB mo. Coz at "3 cm" kung san man nya nakuha un, she shouldve sent u home agad.

    And ung white thing nga dapat sinabi nya sayo wag ka ma-alarm as long as it's not red blood there's nothing be worried about.

    Sayang :s

    On the bright side, at least ok kayo ni baby B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ko nga alam kung matatawa o maiinis ako sa kanya. Matatawa kasi parang di niya pinagaralan yung mga ganitong bagay. Naiinis kasi sakin pa talaga siya nagkamali...

    Anyway, kung san man nakuha yung 3cm na yun, di ko talaga alam. And if that's the case, dapat pinaglakad niya ako, diba? Wala lang...

    And yun nalang ang iniisip ko. At least safe kami, di na-stress si Brianna sa nangyari and hindi malpractice to the extreme level yung nangyari. God is still good.

    ReplyDelete