Monday, May 30, 2011

On divorce...

Since a divorce bill is now on its way, I feel the need to air my thoughts on it so here goes.

I AM ANTI DIVORCE.

I am anti divorce simply because I don't think you'll bring someone to the altar if you don't love that person. I mean, why marry someone if you will someday give up? Isn't marriage about commiting yourself to LOVING and UNDERSTANDING the person you are with for the rest of both your lives? And doesn't love mean forgiveness? I don't think it will be hard to give someone forgiveness if you acually love him/her?

And in the part of the person who will cheat, why do it if you love your partner?

My thoughts in this are the same as my thoughts in suicide: No reason is reasonable enough for you to do it.

Love, like your mind, is a very powerful thing if you know its real meaning and essence.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. We actually have the same arguments. One of my FB status updates was about divorce and how I was so against it. Lo and behold, a friend texted me telling me how could I say such things? How about battered women daw? Those who aren't happy already. Napapa-isip tuloy ako kase oo nga naman, papano sila, diko sila naisip. But I still stood my ground, may annulment naman diba? Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, sa question ng friend mo, kung alam naman niyang nambubugbog asawa niya, she wouldn't have said yes nung nagtanong ng "Will you marry me?" yung guy. Yung sa hindi masaya, that's super lame. Kasi di ka naman pakakasal sa taong alam mong hindi ka sasaya...at hindi ba kasama sa wedding vows ang "for better or for worse"? Tsktsk. Yung mga ganyan nagpakasal ng hindi nagiisip.

    I am anti-divorce pero (as my friend said) I'm pro live-in. Hahaha! :))

    ReplyDelete