Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Originals Reunion made me admit to myself that I am a South girl.

I guess it's safe to say that I've always been a South girl. Not those connio South girls who speaks annoying Taglish. Not that kind. I'm from the dirty, dirty South.

I used to live in a place where no one would care if you walked outside with just your wifebeaters and a pair of jersey shorts on, no one will judge you by the way your toes look like, and no one will give you deathly stares if you buzzed the doorbell too long.

I used to live in a place where I knew everybody and everybody knew me. I could walk, drunk, in the middle of the night with just my underwear on and no one would touch me. If anything, they'd come to my rescue and carry me to the house, make me wear something comfortable, tuck me in and make me breakfast when I wake up in the morning.

Even if that place looks not a thing like I left it, everything about it is familiar. Even if the people's changed, they are still who I know them to be. It's still home.

I may be living up North now and waaaaay further North in the near future but my heart will still belong to the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment