Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baguio Trip 2011

We were supposed to go to Baguio during the end of August to welcome September celebrants' birthdays but a the typhoon then hit Baguio the day of our departure so we had to postpone the trip. Everyone was pissed because we already have packed for the trip. So when our "sponsor", Ate Ly (who works with Philip Morris) told us we have a hotel to stay in - 2 huge ass suites at The Manor, Camp John Hay - for the September 24 weekend, all of us got ecstatic. But we all packed just a few hours before our trip just to be sure since it was gloomy the day before our trip.

We all met up at our place since the coaster we rented was just a few blocks away. We left at around 4am with everyone barely awake. Had the usual breakfast stopover along NLEX and then our journey to Baguio began.

Us, in the coaster. Ate Ly, Stacey, her yaya Agnes and Aling Lisa were in the E150 in front of us.

We got to Baguio 8 hours after because we had to take Marcos Highway, instead of Kennon Road for safety purposes. Plus the coaster was having a hard time going up. We headed to Camp John Hay right away for check-in at The Manor and late lunch at Dencio's, Camp John Hay. We had to "sneak in" our hotel rooms because of technicalities but we all made it inside without anyone trying to stop us.

While waiting for the others at the second floor "balcony" of The Manor.

After resting, we passed by the Wagwagan to check-out if they had boots and jackets - which they did but they didn't look wearable...yes, I'm maarte when it comes to ukay-ukay. I keep having the thought that I might get some skin disease when I wear something I bought from ukay-ukay - and then we went to SM Baguio for some grocery-ing and Teriyaki Boy dinner. We kept the first day low key because we were all super tired from the trip and from the "insomnia" we all developed the night before the trip.

Here's Brianna and I taking over the king size bed. They can't do anything because the baby cannot sleep on the couch. We shared the bed with Trish, though.
The obligatory mirror shot. I was trying to hide my tummy. I failed miserably.

I was surprised to know that they didn't have any airconditioning unit in the hotel - which was obvious to everyone except me because I'm clueless like that - and that they had their windows open all the time to keep the room chilly. I'm sorry but I ain't the brightest.

Anyway, the next morning, we decided to drop by the Botanical Garden for some photos and then went to St. Vincent's for mass. Then off to Mines View for much-needed shopping, Baguio style. I bought Brianna, Bry and me matching white Baguio shirts because I'm pa-cute like that. Also got this awesome knife-disguised-as-a-cross-pendant necklace and a dream catcher. I wanted to get a chopping board and a couple of Igorot displays for when I get to have my own house but didn't. I'd get them when I get my house first.

Taken at The Manor lobby before leaving for the Botanical Garden. I like this pic even if it's against-the-light and it looks like a test shot.
By the Botanical Garden signage. Kuya Greg, Kuys and myself are not in the photo because we were taking it.
St. Vincent's Church. This is where I got to taste Baguio's strawberry taho which, I think, didn't taste good.asd
Before shopping, Brianna and I took a photo with Mines View's star, Doglas. Look at my brave little girl, holding Doglas' hairy ear.

Lunch at the Slaughterhouse at downtown Baguio which had the best ulams ever! We then went back to the hotel to rest again - grabe yung weather, super nakakatamad - when we decided to pass by the designer depot just a couple of steps away from The Manor. I got a pink Segue bag that I want to bring everywhere if only it will match with every piece of clothing I own and Trish got her Nike bag. Also got Brianna a zebra print with pink accent dress. Dinner at Yellow Cab at Camp John Hay then grabbed a few beers with Kuys, Reg and Ate to end the night.

Shopping at the Designer Depot.

Fog was super thick at our side of Baguio but my baby has been sweating non-stop we had to remove her sweater and her beanie. Ikaw na balat-mayaman.
We had to get home by Monday morning because Pedring was on his way to Baguio that afternoon. So we did. We just passed by Mines View and Good Shepherd for some last-minute pasalubong-and-walis shopping then we're on our way. Got the biggest scare of my life (so far) on our way home: ZERO-VISIBILITY. There wasn't any rain yet but the fog was sooooo thick. The Victory Liner buses were overtaking us and flying to the unknown while we ran on 10kph because we didn't know where to go. I clutched on to my seat for a good 30 minutes until the fog disappeared only to come across a much thicker fog a few minutes before we reached to foot of the mountain. That was the most stressful trip home I had to endure not because I was scared for myself but I was scared mostly for Brianna.



We got to Pangasinan unscathed, though. We had late lunch at KFC Urdaneta then we're on our way again. Upon reaching SCTEX, we heard that the storm reached Baguio already. Was thankful the storm didn't reach Baguio before we got to the foot of the mountain or else we'll be stuck up there 'til now. We got to Manila, again, 8 hours after we left Baguio.

It was generally a fun trip. I thought I'd get so depressed by the weather and the boyfriend not being there but I didn't. I guess it really is all in the mind.

Hope we go back to Baguio again some time soon. I love the weather up there plus the scent of pine trees. Actually, I kinda want to live there. But I am not deciding until I get to visit Davao.

No comments:

Post a Comment