Friday, September 30, 2011

NEWS.

I don't get why we have to watch the news. So what if we know what's happening in and to other places? What difference would it make if we watch the news or not? And after watching the news, what could we have done to help the people affected by a calamity? I'm not being a hypocrite here. I don't watch the news especially if I know I could not and will not do anything to help those people. If I do watch it, it's just because I get intrigued by a certain issue but after I satisfy my "need" to watch it, I stop watching.

If anything, the news are just there to make people paranoid. You will crash your car onto a barricade. You will die of a certain disease. You will get robbed. Someone will murder you. These are just some of the many programs these news send to our minds. Worse, we've been accumulating these thoughts ever since we're kids without us knowing it. That's the reason why we're all feeling miserable all the time, thus turning these thoughts into reality. What we think, we create.

Awareness. That's what all these news institutions tell us. But what's the use of awareness if we act on it, huh? Oo nga, alam mo. E ano naman? Especially with Pinoy news, we don't follow through. We expose, say, a modus operandi. The police catches one of the many members of the group. Then what? The issue dies. At least 'til another crime is committed. It could happen a few days from the first incident, it can happen a decade after. But it doesn't matter. Because there's no follow through. The effect, they cause a paranoia among the public that will then be suppressed only to be brought up again in the future with possibly a greater intensity than it did the first time.

Awareness causes paranoia when not acted upon. Most of the time, this is what happens to the general public. And, being a group of people who loves to blame other things for what's happening to them, well, we blame the government because it's easier that way. I would elaborate on this but it's a completely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment