Friday, November 11, 2011

Reasons why my job is harder (and better) than yours.

1. My boss is the most demanding person. Ever. She hardly talks and most of the time, I don't know what she wants to tell me. I don't understand her whims sometimes so I just give her everything she will most probably need. 
2. My shift is 24/7. I work during lunch breaks, inside a moving vehicle and even during bedtime. Rest is not in my dictionary. 
3. Money is never an issue because I don't get a dime out of this. Even if I spend the whole day waiting on my boss, I don't get money for serving her. 
4. Everything revolves around the boss. It doesn't matter if I'm taking a dump, taking a bath or brushing my teeth. When she calls, I have to be there even if I have shampoo on my hair. 
5. I can't be fully asleep because my boss might call. All her calls are both urgent and important. "Teka lang" is not accepted.
No matter how hard my fulltime job and preferred "profession" is, I still love what I do. Why?
1. My boss may be the most demanding person on earth but she's also the best thing that ever happened to my life. 
2. I may not have any break times but the mere sight of her calms me down. Seeing her smile makes me realize that everything is worth it. 
3. I don't get anything from being a slave to her but the happiness I feel is priceless and I wouldn't trade that for all the money in the world. 
4. I become a better person because of the things I do for her. 
5. I wake up to seeing her beside me. That's the greatest gift I could ever ask for.
Some people might belittle my chosen "profession" because I don't get money out of it but being a mom is a fulltime job that takes strength and unwavering patience.

I love being a mom. This changed my ideals and the way I look at everything. This changed me for the better.

Of course, my boss - my daughter - is the best thing that has ever happened to my life and I'd be happy to be of service to her until the day I die.

2 comments: