Saturday, July 28, 2012

Discover the Wonders of Singing

I was once a choir member. I didn't know what came over me but I asked for the 10am choir head to make me a part of the 10am children's choir of the Our Lady of Peace Parish in Sucat when I was in second grade and next thing I knew, I've been serving the church every weekend. It didn't stop even though we've moved to Pasig in 2001. Every Friday from first year high school until second year college - if I'm not mistaken - I would commute to Sucat just to attend practices and the 10am mass. I didn't consider myself as a singer then...heck, I don't even consider myself as a singer now - I'm more of a dancer, really - but I guess it's safe to say that I can carry a tune.

Well, apparently, there's a right way of singing that I didn't know of in all those years in the children's choir. Superstar Voice Training is currently offering a voice seminar on the right way of singing which will be conducted by Coach Rona De Leon.


Coach Rona has been singing professionally since 1994 with projects ranging from jingles to movie theme songs. She also performed in a lot of hotels and lounges here in the Philippines and abroad both as a solo performer and as part of a band. She's had vocal training under the Yamaha School of Music and the Center for Pop Music Philippines. At the tender age of 16, Mr. Butch Albarracin, the founder of Center for Pop, took her under his wing and trained her to become a voice coach and since then, she's been training individuals and groups and help them reach their fullest singing potential. Kim Chiu, Sam Milby and Rhian Ramos are just a few of the celebrities who have been under her tutelage.


On August 4 and 5, 2012, Saturday and Sunday, she will be conducting yet another voice seminar for those who aspire to become the next singing idols of the country. Discover the Wonders of Singing will be held at Camp Art Studio (Unit 209 2F Cityland Pasong Tamo, 6264 Estacion St. Brgy. Pio del Pilar, Makati City). The schedule for August 4 is 3pm - 7pm while August 5, day 2, will start at 1pm and will end at 5pm.

The seminar will cover basic vocal workouts, singing techniques, stage performance and vocal health. Although children (and children-at-heart) of all ages can attend the seminar, it is ideal for 12-year-olds and above.

Registration fee for the 2-day seminar is Php1,500. Interested parties could call or text Coach Rona at 0916-695-6813. You can also check the Superstar Voice Training by Coach Rona De Leon Facebook page for more information about the seminar workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment