Sunday, October 14, 2012

You would probably think I'm a boring ol' prick.

I don't enjoy (most people's definition of) travelling. There, I said it. I don't know why, though. I love being inside a car and stopovers and all those things that come with travelling - well, except packing and unpacking - but I do not know why I don't like the whole idea of it.

A friend said that it's probably because I haven't been on enough trips but when I thought about it, I've been going on an average of 4 trips per year since 2009 so that cannot be it. Don't get me wrong, though. I'd be glad to accompany you anywhere you'd want to go (especially if you pay for everything), I just won't go diving off cliffs or go shopping with you, for that matter.

If we're going to the beach, just leave me at a bar or by the shore with a few cans of beer and a pack of cigarettes. If we're going to a shopping destination, leave me at a cafe with a book (or an e-book reader), another pack of cigarettes and coffee and be on your way. I mean, I wouldn't want to spend a year's worth of savings to go on a two-week trip that will tire me out in the end. If I wanted to tire myself out, I'd find more projects for me to work on.

Okay, now that I think about it, it's more of "I don't enjoy most people's definition of vacation" than travelling but you get what I'm saying, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment