Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer.

Yes, I know, it's too late for a summer post but there's summer next year so technically this post is 9 months early for summer.

Anyway, if you know me well enough, I am not much of a traveler. I've been out of the country once when we visited HongKong last December for my sister's 18th birthday and I've never been off Luzon, domestically speaking. Add that to the fact that I am a boring traveler and you get the reason why I didn't go to any trips this summer but that doesn't mean I don't want to enjoy summer. It just means I have a different way of enjoying summer.

If you ask me, my dream summer vacation has got to be to go to a beach. It doesn't have to be in Boracay or El Nido. I'd be good in visiting a small resort in Batangas. It's nearer and it's way cheaper to go there which is really, really, really important for a single mom like me.

Also, I should only be with a special someone, with close friends or both. It's not that I don't want to spend summer with my daughter or my family but I get to be with them most days of the year. I want a weekend off from all the responsibilities and just have fun with friends.

Lastly, it should be a trip where there are no physical activities involved. No partying, no cliff diving, no surfing, no shopping, no nothing. I don't want to be physically tired. Besides, the reason why I'm going on such a trip is to unwind and get my much-deserved R&R. Any physical activity is never relaxing so they're off the list. I just want to lie on my back, by the beach, with a cold beer on one hand and a cigarette on the other.

I'm pretty easy to please so there's nothing really special about my dream summer vacation. How about you, what's your dream summer vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment