Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Need to get off this plateau.

I've been stuck in a rut for quite some time now and I obviously want out. One Saturday night while reading the first few pages of The Fault In Our Stars, I suddenly had the urge to build my vision board so I can have some sort of direction as to where I am actually going. I searched for an illustration board in the house and when I didn't find one, I decided the blank wall at the foot of my bed would do a great job holding my visual inspirations:


Obviously, it's not finished yet. That's just 4 out of the 10 million things I want to have in my life so I still have a long way to go when it comes to my vision wall. And yes, two Miranda Kerr photos because I would just love for my body to look like her body, okay? Anyway, I should be able to finish the wall by the end of the week. The most important part of the board is there, anyway:


If you're planning to make your own board, that statement is an important part of it.

Anyway, I also started writing my gratitude journal:


Yes, after 2 years and 7 months, I finally got around to building the habit of writing on it every night, before I start reading my book of the day. Also, I am in no way being asked to post about Shell but the family always gas up there and that's the reason why I have this notebook. I might wrap it with something prettier soon, though. I have a lot of free notebooks from all the bazaars I went to and have been a part of, I have finally found a way to use them!

I know a lot of people find these habits weird but they work for me. They do not only help me keep myself on the right track, they also help me get going. Based on experience, too, these actually made some "wishes" come true so I am totally sticking to these techniques. If all else fails (which I know they won't), the positive vibes these techniques give me at the start and the end of the day is enough for me to hang on to them.

2 comments:

  1. I like the little detail of Brianna's name on your diploma. Let's make more Lasallians! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :)) Was supposed to get a brochure of some sort pero mas madali yan. Hihi.

      Delete