Friday, October 17, 2014

#72. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar.

I am a frustrated musician, yes. I believe I wrote a song back in 2006 about the guy I was dating back then, when I was so sick and tired of always being number 2 to his "job". Which, when you think about it, is quite alright 'cause I didn't really like him all that much but it always is frustrating when you are not a priority when you make sure he doesn't feel he is not yours.

Anyway, that dream still hasn't died since I first had it way back 2001. I still haven't learned a thing about guitars but I kinda think it's okay 'cause a friend of mine - who's celebrating her birthday! - taught herself how to play the guitar and she's getting so good at it even with work and grad school and all.

So I stumbled upon a musician's friend website just this morning and the dream has once again started this fire in my heart. (Okay, I may be lying because I remember having a conversation with my boyfriend about it a few weeks ago but, yeah. Seeing sexy guitars can excite the hell out of someone like me.)

Now getting the urge to play More Than Words on my brother's guitar. That's the only song I actually remember how to play but I knew how to play Angel of Mine, too. I know that's not something you should brag about but those are the only two songs I know how to play, okay? It's worth documenting in case I bump my head and forget all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment