Thursday, April 1, 2010

Of resignations and going overseas...

I was once again trapped in the situation where my parents gang up on me regarding my work at TVStyle Video.

They - along with my ex-boyfriend - have been forcing me to resign from TVS since I got there. My parents don't want me there because TVS is not ABS-CBN or Globe or Nestle. Get it? My ex-boyfriend doesn't want me there because he said he doesn't trust the people there.

I have to admit that there was a point where I wanted to resign myself. The friendships I made were great but there was a point where my work has become so routinary that I wanted to quit. But everything changed when 2010 came. There were these seminars that I attended (Law of Attraction, Who Moved My Cheese?, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) and books that I read (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) that made me change my mind.

So obviously, right now, I'm sticking with TVS.

At lunch a while ago, we were talking about my cousins who went to Dubai 2 weeks ago. They were telling me that Hongkong and Singapore were good places to work since a minimum of 45-minute plane ride was needed to get to those countries from the Philippines. I told them that personally, I didn't want to leave this shithole. (Yes, I admit this place wouldn't be better in the next 20 years but that doesn't mean that I will be leaving.)

So anyway, they went "Kailangan stable na na company yung pinagtatrabahuhan mo, blah blah blah..." I walked out at that statement. Which apparently wasn't a good idea because I had the chance to prove what I had to prove pero I let it go.

Okay, I must admit that I just didn't want the conflict that will arise if I go "E ayoko nga e..." on them. I'm a sissy like that. But I should've said something. At least they wouldn't have thought I didn't have the conviction to fight for what I believe in.

I will be leaving TVS. Just not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment