Thursday, November 18, 2010

Status of first oDesk job: DONE!

Last night, I finished my first job at oDesk. I was working with this German lady who resides in the United States and is conducting all kinds of seminars (e.g. live seminars, webinars, teleseminars, etc.) and I had to transcribe one of her teleseminars for her.

For my first project, it was okay. It was rather easy for me. I didn't have to think. AT ALL. Which kinda sucked a bit but I had to start somewhere. I am not that confident yet when it comes to my writing and selling skills so I decided to play it safe and apply for something so clerical.

Anyway, my client was really nice to work with. She's really pleasant although she's kuripot. But I am not complaining. It is my first job, anyway. Break-in, kumbaga.

Today, I got my first ever paycheck in oDesk. At first, my client was asking me how she'd pay me. Which is kind of weird because she's the employer and I'm the contractor.  But I helped her through it (Pogi points. *wink*); and there it was... My first online paycheck.

All in all, my first experience with oDesk and it's employers was pleasant. I hope all of the employers there are nice to work with but not that cheap. I will be applying for jobs that will require thinking soon. Right now, I should be getting ready for the seminar I will be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment