Monday, December 20, 2010

The whole weekend was spent with babies and kids...

The whole universe is conspiring to prepare me for motherhood. This entire weekend was spent in the presence of small babies and kids.

Saturday, we had to go to my OB for my regular check-up so naturally, I was surrounded by kids of all shapes and sizes. I had fun watching them run around the corridors and screamed with their moms when they tripped.

After my check-up, Bry and I went to their place for his mom's birthday celebration. So again, I spent time with kids, having to babysit them while their parents were taking a bath. Went to the restaurant, where I met the youngest (so far) among the De Leon kids, Joanne's baby Inigo. Chikka-chikka with everyone, showed them actual printouts of Brianna's 4D and learned that Joanne's pediatrician allowed her to smoke even while breastfeeding her baby (Note to self: Should find out who her pediatrician is).

Yesterday, we went to my cousin's christening in Novaliches and it seemed like a child's birthday party instead of baptism. There were a lot of kids around, running and screaming and all that stuff but I stayed inside my Tita's bedroom and babysat my cousin, Gracielle, instead.



I baby-talked most of the time, I began thinking "Sinasabi siguro nito sa utak niya, nakakaintindi naman ako ng normal talk, you don't have to make a fool out of yourself" but I still talked that way, anyway. I got tired playing with her, I fell asleep and my other cousin woke me up by wrestling me. I blocked him with my ginormous legs because Brianna might get hurt (Mental note: Boys are rowdy). Then I made my VERY FIRST diaper change yesterday. I was so proud of myself, I should've asked Trish to take a picture...or better yet, a video. Crazy, I know, but I have no idea how to handle a baby so that diaper change was an achievement!

More kids and babies to come this holiday season, I'm sure of it. Brianna's on her way and I can't wait. Even if I am scared to death of how small she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment