Thursday, January 27, 2011

On making a final checklist...

Whether or not there will be a baby shower (it's seems too late to throw one - and I don't know if I should be the one throwing it), I've decided to finalize my checklist before Brianna arrives. To help me decide what to put on my list, I sought help from online mommy blogs and baby registry websites. Halfway through my list, I realized that some of the things listed on their lists are not really needed by either me or my baby.

Like a sterilizer, for example. It just adds up to the expenses. We could just use the kaldero that we use for pasta. Or maybe buy another one like that just for the baby. It's much cheaper and we can actually use it for pasta when the baby grows up. Cheap and practical, right?

So anyway, here's the list I made for me and Bry's (as well as those kind people) reference.
  1. Reusable diapers/lampins - Since I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom - at least for the first six months - I will be able to use this during the day. Cheap and practical. And hello, it's reusable! Anything that is reusable is good!
  2. Diaper clips - For the reusable diapers.
  3. Disposable diapers - This is for when we travel or go out. According to a soon-to-be-mommy friend, Huggies and Mamy Poko are the better brands but I won't be buying bulks of these just yet because I don't know if my baby will be hiyang on these brands.
  4. Disposable wipes - I would've put cotton balls in this list, too but I'm still thinking about it. I don't want the himulmol of the cotton to stay on my baby's body. Anyway, with regards to the brand, I don't think I will be choosy on the brand just as long as we get it from a shop whose specialty is on babies.
  5. Burp cloths - I still need a couple of these.
  6. Baby bottles (small, medium and large)
  7. Baby bottle nipples (slow, medium, fast)
  8. Nail cutter
  9. Bath tub - Another essential and it has to be pink. It's cheap, anyway.
  10. Basin - This also has to be pink. I think we have this one here at home but I haven't seen it in a while.
  11. That sponge thing that holds the baby when you give him/her a bath
  12. Baby shampoo and/or shower gel - I don't know what brand is good yet.
  13. Hooded towel - I have one already from Bry's sister. I just need another one for when one's in the laundry.
  14. Pillows - I just need one set.
  15. Pillow sheets - 2-3 sets will be good. I prefer white and light colored ones. As in super light colored.
  16. Crib sheets - Again, 2-3 sets will be good. And again, white or light colored sheets are preferred.
So, there. That's probably it. Again, this is just for my and Bry's reference, unless some good souls will donate some of the items on the list. :)

4 comments:

  1. Burp Cloths - get gauze diapers narin. I got enfant kasi malambot sabi ng ate ko.

    Baby Shampoo/Shower Gel - I would suggest Aveeno pero mahirap maghanap dito at mahal. Pero get Physiogel or Cetaphil. I think Lactacyd's okay din. I've read about J&J Baby wash and parang hindi ata okay? I don't know lang. If you will splurge on this, get Burt's Bees or Mustela.

    Nail Cutter - Get nail file narin daw sa first months coz mahirap daw gmitin nail cutter

    Disposable wipes- Pigeon is the softest daw tapos based on experience, Giggles brand gusto ko, i've been using it for more than 4 years now (buong college) hehe and hindi mabilis matuyo, and makapal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno where to buy gauze lampins e. Yun talaga ang gusto ko kasi malambot. :D

    For baby shower gel, I might go with Lactacyd. Pero will seek recommendations from OB first bago bumili. :D

    Pigeon ang preferred brand ko though nababanguhan ako sa Giggles. Hehe. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enfant sa SM dep store meron :) May isa pang brand na ok din nalimutan ko, pero mas malambot enfant kasi kinumpara ko talaga. And 1 dozen naman ung isang supot kaya ok na :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yun yung parang gauze? Wala akong nakitang gauze nung nagpunta ako pero sige, will check it out. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete