Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pissed off is an understatement.

It has been 3 days since my mom directly insulted my capacity to send my daughter to "magagandang schools tulad ng mga pinagaralan niyo" but I still can't get over it. I wanted to scream at her when she said that but I didn't want Brianna to hear it (because 0-5 year old babies absorb EVERYTHING s/he hears). I kept my mouth shut. I didn't even mutter a sarcastic "Thank you, ha". I was that upset.

I am not upset because she didn't believe I will get enough money to send Brianna to an exclusive all-girls school or one of the top 4. I am upset because she's supposed to be the one who's giving me the biggest support because of the fact that she's my mom. As I always tell her, nangunguna pa siya sa mga nagbabagsak sakin.She's supposed to bring my spirits up when I feel weak but she's the first one to tell me "Oo nga, di nga kaya". I mean, what's that?! Brianna's pedia is so much more supportive than her.

Breastfeeding's another issue. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - keeps on pushing me to breastfeed. That I am patient enough to go through with it. That I can do it 'til Brianna's a year old. That I CAN breastfeed. But, guess what, my mom tells me "Wala ka namang gatas." How supportive.

I want to move out already. I can't wait to live on my own. Really. I hate hearing negativity and I hate the lack of support from my own family. I want to move out. Now.

1 comment:

  1. Just weather the storm iha and stay put with your mom. Your mother is just frustrated with what happened with you because it is something that she never envisioned and she was not prepared for it. These emotional outburst are common in situations where you are in and some are even worse.

    I am very sure your mom loves you and your daughter very much. Believe me.

    Even at a young age do your best and try to face everything in a mature manner with civility and if ever you feel down and wanted to cry I would advice you to cry privately.

    Everything happened already and there is no way we can go back in time and correct things. Once the emotions have settled down and people around you will begin to accept things, then everything will go for the better. Remain positive and strong.

    ReplyDelete