Monday, September 24, 2012

Planning a diet/exercise plan...

There are a lot of beach trips lined up for me in the future that is why I'm doing this. Also because I saw my college bud's, Kizia's, blog post a few weeks ago (Yeah, mostly that because I only have one trip lined up and I don't even have a plane ticket yet). I don't want to call myself a gaya-gaya because I actually want to start going on a diet... I'd want to believe that I got inspired by her determination to lose weight and actually become healthy.

Being a true believer of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the Law of Attraction and the PSI teachings, I will make this diet plan a S.M.A.R.T. goal.
S(pecific)?: I've achieved my 110-pound weight goal and a barely-there beer belly/post pregnancy flabby tummy by June 25, 2013. 
M(easurable)?: Yes, it is. The weight limitation makes it measurable. 
A(ttainable)?: Yes, definitely! A lot of people have lost 10 pounds in 8 months. Some lost it at 2 months... 
R(isks/obstacles)?:
  • Procrastination
  • Lack of self-discipline
  • Lack of motivation (Yes, being sexy again is not motivation enough, apparently.)
  • Cravings (I am having a hard time giving up my potato chips and cigarette addiction.)
  • Laziness
T(imebound)?: Yes. June 25, 2013.

Now that the S.M.A.R.T. goal is set, I need to know what exactly I will do to make this one possible.
  1. Start running again. Three times a week might be enough because I am committing to a 7-day per week, one hour a day exercise program. Preferring to run in the morning but I plan on working out during the morning so we'll see.
  2. Drink as much tea as possible. No, not the bubble tea that everyone's raving about (To be perfectly honest, I don't intend to start drinking it). I mean legit tea. Like the ones they serve at Chinese restaurants.
  3. Eat smaller meals. Since I've been chowing down so much carbs lately, I need to start eating in smaller but frequent doses.
  4. Download phone and computer applications to help me keep track of my progress. I think keeping track of my progress is one of the motivations I need to help me get through this.
  5. Download exercise videos that I will use everyday. Currently leaning towards Zumba (just 'cause it's uso), hip-hop and aerobics.
  6. Limit myself to one stick a day (I'm on two a day now) on my first week towards a healthier lifestyle and not get tempted to smoke when I go out/drink.
  7. START EARLY AND HOPEFULLY MAKE IT THROUGH THE FIRST 20 DAYS.
As of now, that's it. I just need to know one thing: Do I need to wear a pair of rubber shoes when I exercise at home? It would feel silly but I will if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment