Monday, October 1, 2012

Bullying

DISCLAIMER: This post will not make sense as a whole. The paragraphs are not related to one another. I will try to make it as cohesive as possible but I'm pretty sure it won't end up that way.

I am thinking if bullying is something that you cannot stop from happening. I mean, based on the stories I've read and heard, it's always, always the fault of the bully and not the person who's being bullied.

What exactly about bullying am I thinking about? Well, I was wondering what if the person who is being bullied doesn't have a low self esteem and is actually secure of who or how s/he is, wouldn't that eliminate bullying entirely? I think that the problem with most people is we tend to want to please everyone else and if we didn't fit a certain standard, we feel bad about ourselves and if people pointed that out, we feel that they are ganging up on us resulting to "bullying".

I was "bullied" once back in senior year high school. This big barkada in our class decided to pick on me, a lowly normie who wasn't much of a talker. They probably thought I wouldn't fight back considering I really didn't have a solid set of friends in high school and I don't talk unless you asked me something. I was what you call a loner. Anyway, I told them how insecure they were for letting some loner like me threaten them, let it go and decided to not let it affect me. Mostly because I didn't want to come off as palengkera like most of those people who bullied me.

I'm not saying I've figured everything out at 16 years old nor am I saying that I can control my emotions then but I've never thought of ending my life or become a delinquent or be all emo borderline suicidal all the freakin' time just because another person said something bad about me to my face. If anything, that's a great source of feedback of how people look at me and for me, that's always a good thing because if I want to change something about myself, I have a starting point.

I don't know what the point of this post is or what I actually want to say. I just want to put it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment