Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weird comfort food?

I have been looking out for the ultimate comfort food. The food that lifts my spirit up whenever I feel bad. For most people, it's chocolate. To some, cake. Well, actually, if you think about it, most people are inclined to eat something sweet when they feel bad. I realized a few days ago that I am not like most people.

I just realized that my comfort food is egg. Yes, egg. I eat scrambled eggs when I have a terrible hangover from an awesome drinking session I had the night before. I eat balut eggs when I feel like I'm going down with fever. I eat omelet when I'm mad about something (!!!). Heck, I eat quail eggs (kwek kwek!) to brighten up my day.

I was feeling weird for having egg as my comfort food until I read an article online that says egg actually brightens up anyone's mood:

From http://eatthis.menshealth.com/node/186812

I know eating too much eggs can cause my blood pressure to rise and that is the reason why I don't eat it that much. Twice a week, maximum. That's it. Good thing I don't get depressed/mad/anynegativeemotionhere all that much lately.

Now I want scrambled eggs on top of a cup (or two) of fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment