Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gold digger.

I don't consider myself to be a gold digger. I'm not one to spend thousands and thousands of pesos over branded clothes, Apple gadgets or ridiculously over-priced bags/watches/shoes. (The only piece of branded clothing I own is an Esprit shirt that was given to me as a gift three Christmases ago. I own a Mango wallet and a brand spankin' new pair of Nike running shoes which were both given to me as gifts this Christmas.) I don't even want to eat in places with meal prices that start at Php200.

With that said, I really cannot comprehend, with all of my 16 years of relatively expensive private school education, how I became a gold digger. I want to live in my own house/apartment. I want to drive a decent enough car. I want my daughter to get private school education like I did. I do not demand any of these from my boyfriend or anybody else. If anything, I demand all of these from myself. I just shared them with the person I am supposed to be working with to achieve all of these and what do I get? The label Gold Digger. 

Okay, maybe I am expecting him to want the same things and actually go "Okay, ako na ang bahala." or maybe even a "Sige, i-goal natin yan." would suffice but it seems like I'm asking too much. So much so that I got called a gold digger by the last person who I thought would have the gall to call me that.

4 comments:

  1. Yun na pala ang definition ng gold digger ngayon? So much for being aspiration (which is what I get from you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Kaya iritang-irita ako, I almost slapped him. Nakakaloko e.

      Delete
  2. You should've slapped him with a dictionary. Waha sorry nairita din ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would kung meron lang within arm's reach. Nakakabwisit.

      Delete