Sunday, January 20, 2013

On Running


I have an on-and-off relationship with running since I started 5 years ago. Of course, the longest I went without it was in 2010, when I got pregnant and didn't get back right away because of my c-section. My "big comeback" happened February last year, when I was on a depression spree.

I started running this morning again, with the same reason I had last year: I've been down in the dumps lately. I think that the reason why I always do this whenever I feel down is because I get to listen to what He has to say. I may not be prayerful but I still believe in Him and I turn to Him in times of triumph and pain. Plus, running gives me this natural high afterwards that cannot be fulfilled by a glass of Jack Coke.

Just kidding. A glass of Jack Coke will definitely give me any kind of high I want to have.

But it isn't healthy at all...or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment