Tuesday, July 23, 2013

One habit I can't seem to let go of...

I've done quite a lot in my 3 years worth of journey to self-empowerment. It started with the realization that I've been a pushover all my life and that I wanted to change that. I've read self-help books, attended seminars, surfed the web for all the information I will ever need to empower myself. I'm not even halfway through with the whole thing but I want to believe that I've made progress, no matter how small it is.

Having said that, I've read probably all the top 10 lists the internet has to provide. I've seen countless versions of the same lists, too. Most items from the list, I can do with ease ever since I started with this self-empowerment thing but there's this one thing that I can't seem to do: Letting go of someone who hurts me. The instructions are clear and simple:
Sometimes you have to walk away from people, not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.  When someone hurts you time and time again, accept the fact that they don’t care about you.  It’s a tough pill to swallow, but it’s necessary medicine.  Do NOT strive to impress them any further.  Waste not another second of your time trying to prove something to them.  Nothing needs to be proven.  Do not act with any thought of them ever again.  (via MarcAndAngel.com)
I've let go of people - mostly guys - who "hurt" me but I still manage to get into another relationship - not necessarily a romantic one - with a guy who will still end up hurting me. I don't know what it is about me that attracts these kinds of guys. They're not necessarily jerks; I think it's more of they just have other things that they care about more than me. Anyway, I still want to know what attracts me to these guys...or them to me...or both.

Going back, I need to get rid of this habit. I need to empower myself over these guys. It's the one thing that's been holding me back. This probably is the reason why I haven't found "The One" up until now. Which is sad, if you think about it 'cause I already have a kid and all... (Self-empowering after-thought: I don't need a guy to be a great mom, anyway, so it doesn't matter if I haven't found "The One" yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment