Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Standards.

I was with a few friends at Frankie's last Monday for Chicken Wing Day when I just had to bring up my dilemma of getting into relationships with people who can't/don't want to prioritize me. I mean, I rarely see anyone so every chance they give me to talk about it when we're together is important...at least for me. Most of the time, I just seek for advice because I've come to the point where I cannot solve the problem with the same mind that thought of the problem anymore.

Anyway, they told me the problem was that I don't really have standards and just went for guys who show me interest. I love this feedback. For someone who doesn't understand what the hell's happening AT ALL, learning about this is great, great, GREAT progress. Now, I know where to start. I needed to hear it, no matter how heart-wrenching the full minute after hearing that was.

Right now, I still don't know what my non-negotiables are, to be completely honest. I've been thinking about it a lot since Tuesday midnight and all I can come up with are that the next guy should accept and love Brianna like his own and that he should be on-board with the goals I am pursuing for myself, Brianna and our little family in the future. That's about it...for now. I've a few adjectives in mind that are "typical non-negotiables" but I need to write 'em down. The vision wall and gratitude notebook worked for me, anyway. Wriiting this one down might, too.

BTdubs, I can't get the Alien Guy meme off of my mind since I started thinking about this blog entry on the way home that same night so...

No comments:

Post a Comment