Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Yes, I'm a virgin...

Donation virgin, that is.

I haven't donated money on my own since I started working in 2009. Yeah, I did churches, fundraising concerts/bingos/bazaars and street children but this time, it's the big leagues and I'm just proud of myself for doing it.


I don't have much and donating the amount I donated, well, let's just say I gotta work more hours to get it back but honestly, it felt great!

I don't know if this is some kind of unconditional love gesture kind of thing but I know what these people are going through with the Maring aftermath. I've been in that same position 4 years ago: No place to stay, no change of clothes, nowhere to get food, no water... I wouldn't even wish for those things to happen to my enemies, no matter how much I hate dislike them. It's just an unfortunate position to be in. Being able to help them stand up from where they are now in my own little way...well, that's just priceless.

PS. I would've volunteered, too, if I wanted to but I have things to attend to ie. my sick daughter.

PPS. I'm sorry if this comes across as being full of myself but I'm just proud I did it, okay. This is me, patting myself on the back for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment