Monday, September 9, 2013

Oplan Balik-Alindog 2013: Full Throttle Days 4 and 5

So much for documenting the whole first week of Oplan Balik-Alindog 2013: Full Throttle (damn, that's a mouthful).

Anyway, day 4 was all about strengthening and toning. I didn't get to run last Thursday since it rained in the morning and I had something to do that night. Breakfast and lunch were egg and baked fish, with a serving of veggies on the side. I had carrot sticks and chicken fillet for dinner. I also met up with a couple of friends Thursday afternoon for coffee and I had far too many cigarettes that I dreaded waking up the next day for my first-ever 10k.

Which leads us to day 5... I finished the whole 10k without walking! OHMYGOD! Achievement: Unlocked, indeed! I don't know where I got the energy to do it but I finished it. You know what makes it even better? I didn't feel like my lungs were going to give out! I've finally found my pace. We didn't do any strengthening and toning after the 10k run, just a few stretching exercises that will help alleviate the soreness of my thighs.

My tita treated me to mani-pedi later in the afternoon to celebrate my achievements for the week. Since I didn't get to take a photo of the notebook my tita used to keep track of my progress last Friday, here are my statistics (?!) as of September 6:
Weight: from 128.5, I am now at 123 lbs. 13 more pounds to go and I'm down to my desired weight.
Waist: from 31 inches, I'm down to 30. It doesn't look much but I am happy with the result.
Arms: I lost an inch on each of my arms, from 12 inches to 11 inches.
Hips: 38 inches to 37 inches.
Biggest loss goes to the thighs: I lost 2 whole inches in 5 days, from 23 inches to 21. How great is that, huh?
Right now, I am continuing the workout and I've been balancing and managing my meals for the day even if I'm here in Pasig. I send my tita reports every time I finish working out. I don't run anymore since there are a lot of stray dogs here but I have a cardio routine I do even if I'm just at home.

I feel sore but I feel so much stronger now, being able to finish circuit after circuit. I now am pushing myself to do more of each circuit so I can maximize my 20 minutes (Yes, my workout only takes 20 minutes a day. I am very thankful to my ever-generous and motivating tita, Ate Lizza Declaro, for helping me jumpstart Oplan Balik-Alindog 2013. I'm on my way to my desired weight and dream body. Manny Villar got it right years ago: Sipag at tiyaga lang ang kailangan.

No comments:

Post a Comment