Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 62. #100HappyDays


After a long, long, loooooooooong time, I stepped foot in a church - okay, chapel - again. I was kinda reluctant to go at first because I didn’t want to feel like I needed to go just because something’s up (Palm Sunday) but I’m glad I did.

I was on the verge of tears the whole time and I almost cried while listening to the (funny) priest’s homily. He talked about the 3 kinds of suffering (physical, mental/psychological and spiritual) and how these shouldn’t be taken negatively because of the positive effects God meant for them to have in our lives. So timely for me. I might just be burdening myself with a lot of my sufferings - which are mostly mental/psychological - but it helped me handle them a bit better.

What I loved most in the entirety of the mass was this one line: Passion of Christ, give me strength. I needed strength and while there are some people who believe in me and what I can do, I still needed that last push to do what I have to do and I believe that this is it.

It’s been a long while since something hit me this hard and I’m glad that God is the one who hit me. I am a Universe girl, yes, but ultimately, God is my source of unending strength and my faith in Him will never wager ‘cause I know He has given/will be giving me everything I need to make it in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment