Sunday, April 13, 2014

My definition of success.

A lot of people's definition of success is either having a lot of money in the bank or being a top executive in some corporate office or travelling one country after the other but I realized that is not the case for me.

Being a faithful wife and a loving mother have always been my definitions of success. I don't need to swim in money or boss people around just so I can feel that I am successful. Yes, I understand that we all need money in this day and age and I will be a hypocrite if I say that it doesn't bother me at all that I am struggling with my finances but at the same time, you cannot totally convince me that a rich person who lives in a mansion, driving a sports car is successful.

It might come off as old school to a lot of people, my definition of success, especially to those "independent women" Ne-Yo's been singing about but at the end of the day, those are the things that are important to me. Not a fancy house or tea parties with the queen but I will be grateful if I will be blessed with material wealth because I admit, I want to live a comfortable life with my husband when we get old and I want my children to experience that kind of life too. Hihi. I just believe in a different kind of success and would want that to be reflected with the way I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment