Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

So I started reading books again, thanks to my current addiction with the Goodreads website/app. I've been browsing the website for two days straight now and bookmarking every book I want to read and judging a lot of them by their covers which I know I shouldn't be doing but that's how I decide whether I would want to read it or not. (Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.)


Anyway, I've just finished reading a couple of books, including this book by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn called Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List. Having just read Every Day (by David Levithan) before I read this one, I expected a lot from this book which I obviously shouldn't have done 'cause halfway through the book, I wanted to stop reading it altogether. I didn't, though, 'cause I wanted to actually finish all the books in my library/hard drive.

(Apparently, this book has a movie adaptation. Wala lang.)

Having said that the book disappointed me, I still have one line that I want to take note of:


I know, I know. I'm turning 26 this year but I am still clinging on to the idea that maybe things will start getting really easy if I'm - as the author wrote - on my best behavior. I really gotta get my head out of the clouds, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment