Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Diet and Exercise: Round 129834987409834092735.

After a couple of months of relapse on working out and dieting, I decided to start on  building those two habits all over again partly because I got inspired by my friends' progresses but mostly because I can't find a single t-shirt in my closet that won't show my pregnancy/beer belly; which is unfortunate for me because that's all I want to wear whenever I go out. I mean, with a pair of shorts and sneaks, you can never go wrong, especially with the kind of weather we're having...but that's not really the point here.

Anyway, I've found the perfect workout for me since the Nike Training Center didn't really work for me - I don't enjoy doing squats and push-ups, okay - and the running thing is not a regular thing because I just have a lot of conditions when it comes to that. Since my Tatay and my brother bought an Xbox, I asked them to get a dance or workout game that I can use. They got me this:


I started yesterday and I got so addicted to it, I probably danced for more than an hour. I love the fact that the music that they used are mainstream ones so everyone can relate to it. There are hiphop beats (Superbass, Nicki Minaj), pop (Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen), dance (On The Floor, Jennifer Lopez) and some old school music, too (My First, My Last, My Everything, Barry White)! Livin La Vida Loca is on the line-up, too, but it has a weird dance routine. It's as if they're making fun of Ricky Martin.

Aside from dancing, I've also changed my diet quite a bit. Dinner now consists of a cup of fruits and oats and several glasses of water. Plus, I am limiting my rice - and other sources of carbs, for that matter - intake to one cup per meal (breakfast and lunch). Beef, pork and chicken remain on the diet since I am leaning towards fish lately anyway so I guess it won't cost me much. Beer and other alcoholic beverages will remain part of my diet as well, since I don't consume it on a regular basis. Since I'm not really a fan of sweets, cutting back on it will not be a problem. Chips and McDonald's french fries will be the hardest to give up but as Malia said, disiplina lang. Cutting 'em back to once a month EACH. Guess I've had my fix for both for April.

Official weigh in is at 127lbs. I'm planning to lose at least 17lbs. and to flatten my tummy. Deadline is on my birthday, September 15.

Sigh. Losing weight has never been a problem for me in the past. #AnyareSatin

No comments:

Post a Comment