Friday, January 3, 2014

January 1, 2013 vs. January 1, 2014

I know, I know. I've taken up that relatively pricey PSI seminar 3 years ago and I should have let go of these kinds of programs but I've always thought of January 1 as the basis of how the days of the year will go. Although it wasn't always true in the past years, I still believe in starting my year right.

Last year's January 1 was the worst by far, having been called a gold digger for wanting a normal family life. I was bawling my eyes out until about 3 days after that. Despite the wild turnaround of events halfway through the year, I still consider 2013 a rather harsh year for all the heartaches it gave me but I'm thankful nevertheless because the permanent huge grin I have on my face in the past few months up until now wouldn't have happened if I didn't get my heart broken (twice!) last year.

This year, January 1 also ended with tears but not because of some kind of hurt. It was because I've never felt so much appreciation, support and love from anyone else before. Even the best of my exes didn't make me feel even half of what I'm feeling right now. It's like for the first time in my life, I finally know what it feels like to be a special someone and to be treated like one of those girls in the movies. It might seem shallow to some people but for me, it actually means a lot. I mean, I feel like a queen right now so I don't really care. Don't even get me started as to how he treats my daughter because I will bore the living wits out of anyone who's willing to listen. Of course, I'm still testing the waters as I don't want to suffer another heartbreak, especially from a friend from way back when.

Hopefully next year's January 1st is the same as this year's. I don't ever want to experience last year's January 1 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment