Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I can exceed my limitations!

Before 2011 ended, I made a goal for myself to finish on 2012. I went as far as converting it into a S.M.A.R.T. goal. The goal is to run (and of course, finish) my first ever 5k marathon. I kept this goal in mind every single day since 2012 started and everyday, I would do little steps that would help me achieve this: I (online) window-shopped for running shoes, I actually purchased my first "official" running shorts, ran a 3k fun run, all those stuff when finally, an opportunity to run 5k presented itself.

My cousins and I were talking about joining the Outbreak Manila fun run back in April 2012 in Nuvali. Long story short, we forgot to register. The great thing about it, though, after a couple of months, they've announced another Outbreak Manila run that will actually happen in Manila. Outbreak BGC happened last July 28, 2012 at the Bonifacio Global City open grounds (near Mercato). I have my experience chronicled here.

I didn't know that Outbreak BGC was a 5k run prior to the event. I just heard the emcee of the event say it when my sister and I were waiting for our wave to run. It was a pleasant surprise and right then and there, I knew that I wanted to finish this run more than ever.

It was a great run except I didn't get to verify if I was one of the top finishers right away. August 3, the Outbreak Manila Facebook page posted the final list of the top finishers and...well...


That's me on number one! And I even have a medal to prove it:


Not only did I finish my first 5k this year and attained my goal, I even finished on top! Talk about exceeding my limitation!

My most favorite sports enthusiast as of the moment has got to be Kuya Kim Atienza. The guy suffered a heart attack last year and a year after it, he ran a full 42k marathon. As if that wasn't enough, he participated in the Cebu Ironman a few months after his 42k! You wouldn't even think that he had a heart attack if you only knew of his achievements this year. If he could exceed his limitations having had a heart attack the previous year, those of us who have healthy hearts could definitely do it, too!

I bet that Kuya Kim, too, takes his odor protection seriously and that is one of the reasons why he can focus on his workout. Good thing, I take this one seriously, too. Imagine an unhygienic me, running the course of Outbreak BGC... I bet the zombies would run for their lives (Wow, how ironic).

Safeguard Active won't let bad hygiene distract you from exceeding your athletic limitations and in beating your personal best! To prove that, a bunch of people have been dared by Safeguard Active to beat Coach Rio's 20-meter dash record. Watch this #BeatCoachRio by Safeguard Active video to see if someone actually beat his 2.3-second record:


Since 2010, I've been a firm believer of goal setting and the impact of the Law of Attraction. My personal experience as well as these people's experiences are proof that whatever it is you put your mind into, you can achieve. You just need to have the determination and the perseverance to make it through and you will make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment